The Hario V60 A cone dripper where the coffee sits in a cone shape filter and drips down into a cup.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Hario V60
- Coffee Beans
- Coffee Grinder
- Scale (Optional)
- Filter paper
- Freshly Boiled Water
- Fold your paper filter along the seam and into a cone. Put the cone in your V60 (which should be sitting on top of a cup or jug).
- Rinse the filter by pouring hot water through it and into the cup (then tip out the excess).
- Place your coffee in the cone and gently shake flat.
- Put your V60 and cup (or jug) on the scale.
- Start the timer. Pour in 50g of water, covering all the coffee, making it bloom.
- After 30 seconds pour in 100g of water. Pour in concentric circles, into the coffee itself (not the sides of the filter paper!).
- After 60 seconds, pour in 50g more water.
- At 90 seconds, add another 50g.
- All your water (250g of it) should be in by the 90-second mark. Now, let it drip until finished.
- Your brew should be done within two to three minutes.
- If it’s taking longer than expected, coarsen the grind next time. If it’s running short, go finer.