The Chemex A one piece hourglass shaped coffee brewer made of glass with a wooden collar and leather tie. Famed for its clean cup brewing abilities.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Coffee Beans
- Coffee Grinder
- Scale (Optional)
- Filter paper
- Freshly Boiled Water
- Place the tripled layered section of the filter paper on the spout side of the glass jar.
- Give it a rinse through with hot water, then tip away the excess.
- Place your ground coffee in the filter paper. Level it out with a gentle shake.
- Put it all on the scale.
- Start a timer, then pour 50g of water into the grounds, until they’re saturated. Watch them bloom.
- After 30 seconds, pour in 150g more water.
- Then at 90 seconds, add 200g more.
- All your water (400g) should be in by the 90-second mark. Now, let it finish dripping.
- After four minutes, your brew should be good to go.